Pig Swigg for chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tboneranch, Jun 26, 2011.

1. tboneranch

tboneranch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    I saw something at the feed store the other day called Pig Swigg and it claims to be a wormer for chickens and pigs. Can I still eat the eggs of my layers while they are being treated? If not how long should I wait? I don't have any signs of worms, but I have about 75 layers and have had chickens for 4 years and have never wormed anyone. I had an older hen die today and it got me thinking I should probably worm them just to be sure. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Does it work well?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Pig swig has piperazine in it. As with wazine, it is the same thing. There is a 14 day withdrawal period for slaughter. If the chicken is good to eat after the 14th day, so are the eggs.

3. tboneranch

tboneranch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks very much for your info!

4. Robbie53

Robbie53 New Egg

Jan 28, 2017
    http://www.goodwinol.com/?page_id=5

PIG SWIG

with FRUIT FLAVOR
    A one-day piperazine water wormer treatment for the removal of large roundworms and nodular worms from swine. Also has use directions for chickens and turkeys.
    Withdrawal time for meat consumption is 21 days.
    Withdrawal time for poultry consumption is 14 days and 3 days for egg consumption.
    Available in 4oz, 8oz 12 per case

Robbie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by