Pigeon Auctions

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by sport14692, Jan 17, 2011.

1. sport14692

sport14692 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Carencro, La
    Has anyone purchased any pigeons on an online auction site and if so was it a good safe experiance?

2. Ohne-Fehler

Ohne-Fehler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Oregon
    I bought a pair of Blondinettes off of pigeons4sale.com and it was a good experience. They shipped right away and the birds were very healthy.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

No, I ordered straight from the breeders. Thomas Hinderscheid, & Keith Caserta

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    So their site keeps freezing up on me everytime i try to go on it and it's not set up very well either.

5. Ohne-Fehler

Ohne-Fehler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Oregon
    Quote:pigeons4sale.com? Their site is horribly set up, my experience buying birds off there was good the site srt up is not good. If you want anything other than racing homers you are going to have to spend some time going and checking ever couple weeks. ItÂ’s a lot of racing homers and now and then something "interesting" comes through. If you can find a breeder that offers what you want that may be a better option.

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Pigeons4sale has had some very bad reputation. Mostly because of the guy who runs it. I think it is ridiculous how you can't post any contact info in the descriptions of the items for sale. I guess it is to force you to buy/sell through the site and not privately.

Since Eggbid.com went out of business, now there is egg-bid.com

7. larrylofts

larrylofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    LOTT TX
    try slobberknockerlofts.com AS WITH ANY SIGHT UNSEEN DEALS BUYER BEWARE. ASK QUESTIONS WHAT BREEDS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ? TRY NPAUSA.COM CONTACT THE DISTRICT DIRECTOR CAN HELP TO/

8. Towman72gmc

Towman72gmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Before it went out of buisness I bought on eggbid.com twice. The first time I was buying a "proven mated pair" of Dragoons. I got two cocks that were out of shape, skinny, dirty and one had a respritory issue. I was able to take care of the problems within a week, except for not having any hens. The second time was much better. The birds arrived in good health and were even better looking than the picture. I both cases I had issues with the post office. The first time it took almost 3 days to get the birds from Michigan to Baltimore. I can drive it in less than that. The second time the post office said they tried to deliver to the house but no one was home. I was home all day. Then when I went to pick them up the postal carrier wasn't even back from his rounds. I had the same sort of issue a third time when I ordered some from a breeder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by