pigeon feed

fowlsessed

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 16, 2011
east Tennessee
the guy I got my pigeons from gets some feed that purina puts out and it costs $25 for a 50# bag. I'm not about to spend that much. What else can I feed them? I get layer pellets for $10 and scratch grain? can they breed and raise squabs on this diet real well? thanks

Layer pellets is all I feed mine and I have 12 pairs on eggs now. I also give them scratch grains with it,

the guy I got my pigeons from gets some feed that purina puts out and it costs $25 for a 50# bag. I'm not about to spend that much. What else can I feed them? I get layer pellets for $10 and scratch grain? can they breed and raise squabs on this diet real well? thanks

DON'T feed pigeon scratch.....it has crack corn ,only feed whole corn never cracked. laying pellet just check the % match the pigeon feed

deerman, why do you say not to feed cracked corn? just wondering cause I've been giving my pair scratch grains as a treat and cracked corn is the main ingredient.

Dried peas are the best for a pigeons diet! they really need that. You can also add flaxseed,sesame seeds (occasionally), and sunflower seeds as treats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom