Pigeon info

CastleBirds

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 21, 2014
SouthEast Missouri
My family and I recently went to a swap meet and ended up coming home with a few pigeons. I was hoping someone here could give us some info on their type, gender, typical prive and/or any thoughts or comments about our newest additions.

My family and I recently went to a swap meet and ended up coming home with a few pigeons. I was hoping someone here could give us some info on their type, gender, typical prive and/or any thoughts or comments about our newest additions.
Unless they were never allowed out of their original loft to fly I think you may never get them to bond to your loft and may wind up keeping them strickly as breeders and prisoners for life.
This will give you more of an ace in the hole for them to return to your loft as well. I would keep up this same procedure until you feel confident they are bonding to your loft.
Do not let your young squabs out with your older birds until you are confident the older birds have bonded as well. Older birds will some time take young squabs too far a field and they are unable to return because of their weak flying ability and homing instincts.
In future you would be wiser to by squeaker pigeons if at all possible especially with homers other breeds do not matter as much..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom