pigeon lot laying eggs

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by chickenshiha, Mar 3, 2015.

1. chickenshiha

chickenshiha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    Hi i have 5 pairs of pigeon in my loft i have had them for 7 months now and they all are mated but they just wont lay any eggs i have always gave them lots of calcium like whole corn and pigeon pellets they are all mated female with male and all the females had eggs under them and the males also used to before i bought them all please help

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Have you asked the original owner what he/she was feeding? I would suggest eliminating the corn, continuing with the pellets and adding a mixed pigeon grain and pigeon grit.

3. jak2002003

jak2002003 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 24, 2009
    Thailand
    That's very strange.. Does each pair have its own nest box? Are they making nests.. and have you seen them mating?

If they have nests and are mating.. then I think some animals is eating the eggs...

Are they housed on their own? If they are in with chickens the chickens will eat their eggs.

Are they healthy.. pooping and acting normally? Have you checked to see if they have any ticks or mites on them?

4. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    Yes they have nests and they are stil biulding nest . I saw them mate about 10 times each already from the past months. I have no more chikens anymore for 8 months and there loft is on the roof and i spray lots mite and tick and snake spray and there loft is made from steel and chicken wire tge ones with small square holes and bricks no hole in the loft

5. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    The old owner used to feed the same as me

6. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    Quote:
    My pigeons started mating around February 14 (usually the earliest) and would continue raising young if I let them until September. I found exposure to sun light and the lengthening days was the governing factor. I used these as nest bowls (2 bowls and nest boxes per breeding pair) with pine needles or pine shavings

[​IMG]
    Here is a link to me and my set up hope it works for you.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1478351/carrier-pigeons-continue-to-connect-family/

7. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    They have lots of direct sun light that goes to the windows they have 4 and they have 2 light bulbs

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    By the way all of my birds are crossed pair there not the same breeds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by