Pigeon personality!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by cochinGurl, Aug 16, 2011.

1. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    Hi everyone! about time we had a pigeon thread in this section. All breeds are welcomed. I will be judging for the one with the most personality. weather you have standerd white utility kings, or fancy indian fantails, whoever shows the most spunk will win! contest will end 7/23/2011 (tuesday) there will be 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. goodluck everyone and start posting!

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

Here's Homer

Homer was named after the Simpsons character, LOL mainly because I've always thought she was a little on the "thick" side. She goes broody on about anything and everything and can put my silkeis to shame! Here are 2 silkie chicks she managed to hatch all by herself. She is wildly protective but also cana be really funny.

[​IMG]

Homer is a feral pigeon who one day discovered our pigeon coop and decided to never leave. After getting rid of most of our flock so we could make the transition into chicken breeding she was one of the very few we kept. As of now she's a very old, greying gal with a ferocious appetite... I atrribute this to the name as well! [​IMG]

3. cochinGurl

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    thanks for posting! saddly, the pics didnt want to show up...

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Sorry about that, I'd just moved most of the pics to a separate album, must have forgotten about this [​IMG]

Here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cochinGurl

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    congrats magicpigeon!!! we have a winner. (no one else posted, but they realy are great looking birds!) thanks for the pics of your butiful birds. lol to the chicks, my pigies have hatched out a few bantams in their time aswell. [​IMG]

6. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    those are cute!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by