Pigeon trap

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by josh, Jan 20, 2010.

1. josh

josh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Anybody got pictures of pigeon traps and the doors. I want to build one and wanted to see what others have done. Thank.

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Traps on the YB loft:
    [​IMG]

The release doors are in the aviary below. The doors right beside the traps are for getting the birds into the settling cage.

3. Blue Capuchine

Blue Capuchine Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2008
    utah
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first picture ie with the door open. the second is the door closed from the out side. The last is a picture of the inside. The bobs are made out of welding roods welded to 3/8 nuts. They are spaced out about 1 inch apart. I have used this set up for years on my roller kit boxes.

4. josh

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    Quote:How does the prongs swing in on this one? That is how they work right?

5. Blue Capuchine

Mar 23, 2008
    utah
    The bar that you see in the last picture is 3/8 all thread. After you weld the nuts on the welding rod you start one of the nuts on to the all thread. Turn the nut on the all thread untill it is over an inch and start the next nut on. Keep doing this until you get all the bobs on. When it is mounted to the boards on both sides the nuts with the rods will turn on the all thread when the birds push through.

6. josh

Mar 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    What makes it go back the weight of the rod? I can see if it is a smooth shaft. Just a little confused on how they close back with the threaded rod ansd nut

7. Blue Capuchine

Mar 23, 2008
    utah
    Yes the weight of the rods makes them swing back down. The nuts swing on the all thread alot easier than you would think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by