Pigeon With a broken wing?

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Yesterday my sister was at work, and watched a pigeon nose dive into the concrete! She thinks he was fleeing from a hawk! She brought him to me because he had broken his wing, and was bleeding!! I wrapped his wing up in a Natural position!! But I’m not sure what to do next? Or what to feed him? He has drinken alittle bit! But I haven’t tried to feed him yet! What should I feed him!? And will the wing heal up?

You can feed him bird seed, cooked unshelled peas, or even chicken food (if you have pellets and they’re too big, you can water them down into a mash). Do you have a picture of the pigeon? He may not be able to fly again, but I do believe recovery is possible depending on how it’s broken.

You can feed him bird seed, cooked unshelled peas, or even chicken food (if you have pellets and they’re too big, you can water them down into a mash). Do you have a picture of the pigeon? He may not be able to fly again, but I do believe recovery is possible depending on how it’s broken.
Thank you so much for the reply!! I have chicken crumble layer feed but I wasn’t sure if that would hurt him!! I can give him peas and chicken food for sure!! Here is a picture of him!!
EAB05BDC-9B7E-437C-B4C8-A121CAD27F02.jpeg

He’s starting to stand on his own now!! And my sister is bringing a heating pad later because it’s a little chilly outside!! Is there anything else I can do? I don’t want to do anything wrong!! 🥺

He’s starting to stand on his own now!! And my sister is bringing a heating pad later because it’s a little chilly outside!! Is there anything else I can do? I don’t want to do anything wrong!! 🥺
He probably doesn't need a heating pad. Adding some seeds to his diet would be good. Are you sure the wing is broken? Was it hanging awkwardly? I had a hen attacked by a hawk and her wing was injured but not broken. It took her several months to be able to fly again. I did not tape her.
If it was broken then you need to keep it taped for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom