pigeons and quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by 95yj, May 12, 2010.

1. 95yj

95yj Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Central Vermont
    before i begin i'm going to straight out say I AM IN NO WAY PLANNING ON MIXING QUAIL WITH ANY OTHER SPECIES. I know how agitated people get about that, i just couldn't think of a subject. Anyway heres my question, I have a dove/pigeon shed/aviary currently in use that i would like to either partition off or give to the quail. How would i go about making it safe for the quail, also could the quail live near the doves, if i split the shed and aviary with wire and gave 1/ to the pigeons and half to the quail would that be safe. if not how can i sanitize everything? the ground in the aviary is dirt.

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I Have No Idea If Theres Any Biological Threat From 1 To The Other, But As Far As Sanitizing The Premises--- There Are A Number Of Commercial Premises Sprays Out On The Market For This Purpose, Or You Can Get Some Cheap Bleach And Old Clothes... A Pump Sprayer... And Have At It! Approximately 10 To 15 Minutes Of Being "wet" With A 10% Bleach Water Solution Kills Almost Any Disease. If The Bleach Percentage Is Higher The Exposure Time Drops... Wet Everything Down (multiple Imes If Needed To Attain The Proper Exposure Time And Allow To Air Dry. The Chlorine Readily Evaporates And Will Not Linger To Cause Any Harm To Your Animals

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by