Pigeons & Ducks!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by theOEGBman, Jun 17, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Well,

Momma pigeon is back on some eggs, due pretty soon I believe. I also got pics of the ducks. I had 10 ducklings until about 4 days ago, and then somehow one died. My dad found the body and buried it. I wasnt out there at the time.

Jethro and his Poppa...

[​IMG]

Momma...

[​IMG]

Ducks!

[​IMG]

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    those are to precious, thanks for sharing! what kind of ducks do you have? we bought ducks three weeks ago, 3 rouens and 5 khaki campbells and first time ever owning ducks :)

wendy

3. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Wendy! Those ducks are mixes. Their parents(the father is in the photo) are Pekin X Runner. They are pretty ducks, and the assortments are great because you never know what color you'll get! Good luck with your ducks, they are fun, messy and annoying all at the same time,lol.

4. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    you are right about being messy! lol! and can go through some water! but to see our kids faces when they watch them is priceless!

wendy

5. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Yeah, I totally understand,lol. I prefer geese, but the ducks just keep hatching babies!

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    OMG they look awesome!!! Jethro looks just like his dad! The ducks are getting big, I really like that black and white one in the back [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by