Pigeons

neusje

Songster
12 Years
May 30, 2011
Does anyone have an idea how I can keep pigeons out of my henhouse? I’ve sealed the place well with wire. They still get in and eat the chicken food. Such a pest

You don't have it sealed sufficiently. :idunno
I personally like pigeons, so they would actually be a welcomed sight. Those must be feral pigeons, and just need to eat whatever they can find.
I used to keep pet pigeons, but circumstances changed for me, and currently pigeons are on hold.
How many pigeons are you dealing with??? and is it a significant amount of feed they are consuming?
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

I don’t mind so much what they eat. There are only about 4/5 pigeons. I guess they have to eat too. I’m just worried about the pests. I found one My girls full off flees and deteriorating and after googling it said it could be birds like pigeons causing that .

Fleas can come from way more numerous sources including most small rodents including mice, than from just some pigeons.
I have encountered a number of rabbit bunnies that were totally infested with fleas. One of those grazing outside of your run could have easily left some unwelcomed guests.

Fleas can come from way more numerous sources including most small rodents including mice, than from just some pigeons.
I have encountered a number of rabbit bunnies that were totally infested with fleas. One of those grazing outside of your run could have easily left some unwelcomed guests.

Thank you so much for your interest. I really appreciate it. I live in Australia and I’m surrounded by houses, not a bunny in sight.
We have Indian Mina’s here, they terrorise the other birds. They are a fair dinkum nuisance! Between them and the pigeons we are really up the creek without a paddle. I’ll think I’ll invest in a scarecrow.thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom