pigs and chickens

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by froggy, Aug 13, 2007.

1. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    do pigs kill chickens please help. found my pig with half a chicken in its mouth.

2. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Well...Seeing that it only had half a chicken in its mouth...I don't think it was playing.

And you also posted this in Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaways...

3. Yes, a hungry / bored pig will kill and eat a chicken.

Lisa

4. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    My chickens love hanging out in the pig pen. I have to chase some of them out at night to get them in their coop. It is getting a little frustrating. Though I am sure they are safe in with her. She has shown no signs of agression toward them. And they scurry away pretty quick if her mouth gets to close to them. The thing I worry about is she is due to have her babies the first week in September, and her personality is changing a little bit everyday. Who knows what will happen when the babies come. She could get agressive then. I just hope they are ok. I don't think any other predators will try to get them in her pen anyway.

5. froggy

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    i feed the pig all the time how do i keep it unbored lol

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Throw a few bowling balls inthere with the pig. They LOVE to push them around. I know, it sounds crazy...but I got this information from an old timer..my grandpa...he used to raise pigs every year. He said this keeps them from rooting out from under the fence as well.

7. froggy

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    anyone what to buy a pig for 50.00 or obo please contact me a 615-466-0302

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by