Pigs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by AshleyMeurs, Feb 28, 2013.

1. AshleyMeurs

AshleyMeurs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2012
    Canada
    Hi All,
    We have 7 pigs arriving on Saturday we have a warm spot set up in our barn until the snow melts and they can be moved outside, but the water system we have for outside will not fit in the barn just wondering if anyone here can direct me to some ideas for a smaller watering system we can use in the barn for a couple months. we don't want to spend a lot of money on something that will be so temporary so DIY ideas are also welcome!

Thanks for any ideas!

2. Slongest

Slongest Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2012
    Kentucky
    My Coop
    I suggest getting the metal nipples that screw into almost anything they make them for piglets and as they get older bigger holes for growing pigs but for seven pigs get one piglet size and one big one screwthem both in a 50 or 55 gallon plastic drum and your set no matter if your inside or out

3. AshleyMeurs

AshleyMeurs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2012
    Canada
    Excellent.. .Thanks for the suggestion... gunna head to the store today and see if i can find them... we already have a plastic drum so that will be perfect!

THANKS[​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    We used those for our pigs and they were great. We just hooked them to the hose and used baling twine to hold them to the panel. The pigs did play in them a little, but it was a ton less mess than a bucket. The metal nipple part was pretty cheap at the grange--I'm thinking under $15 but don't hold me to that, my memory's not the best--and we already had the hose.

5. Slongest

Slongest Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2012
    Kentucky
    My Coop
    your welcome interested in seeing how they like them..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by