1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pilgrim and toulouse geese (PICS.)

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Rosebud 18, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    This is my pilgrim gander Mikey. He is 5 months old now.

[​IMG]

My toulouse they are 9 weeks old.

[​IMG]

Taking a bath in a dishpan.

[​IMG]

Waiting for a turn taking a bath.

[​IMG]

Will you hurry up.

[​IMG]

I give up.

[​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Love the geese. They look very happy with using a dish pan except for the waiting in line.

3. buffbeauty

buffbeauty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Very cute!!! I would suggest investing in another dishpan!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Love the pics. I use a lot of dishpans as well. I usually find them at our Dollar Tree store. They have different colors. I usually stock up on the red ones.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Those pics are so sweet, my goose thinks the small kid pool I put out for my 3 month old duck is his own personal soaking tub. They are nutty. [​IMG]

6. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    Quote:I have several of the dishpans but they all want the one that another one is in.

7. buffbeauty

buffbeauty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Ha!! OF COURSE!! Doesn't every toddler or child??!!

8. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    Quote:I have several of the dishpans but they all want the one that another one is in.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Check Lowe's or other Home Improvement stores for a "mortar pan". They are made for mixing cement in. Very strong, should last several years, and big enough too. They are cheap, don't cost much, I think mine were around 12-14 bucks a couple of years ago. I have 4 and they haven't cracked yet, just like new other than getting dirty.....[​IMG]

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Check Lowe's or other Home Improvement stores for a "mortar pan". They are made for mixing cement in. Very strong, should last several years, and big enough too. They are cheap, don't cost much, I think mine were around 12-14 bucks a couple of years ago. I have 4 and they haven't cracked yet, just like new other than getting dirty.....[​IMG]

How deep and wide are the mortar pans?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by