Pilgrim Gander in NW Georgia

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by RoboDuck, Feb 27, 2016.

1. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

We have a Pilgrim gander that could use a new home. We have too many ganders. He is not to breed standards so he can't be shown (too much gray in his coloration) but I really don't want to put him in the freezer. I would prefer he go to a place with a pond and other geese but if he ends up in someone else's freezer..... what I don't know can't hurt me. We gave 3 away last year to a petting zoo. Hopefully we will find some similar situation again this year.

I am starting this thread for this one, but we probably have one or two more that might can go if you need additional males.

2. Stormy

Stormy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    South Carolina
    I may be able to help. I am in the upstate of SC PM me

3. chickNcr8zy

chickNcr8zy New Egg

Apr 23, 2016
    Where are you located? I'm looking for a friendly goose to keep with my chickens for protection...

4. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Paulding County.

5. Godwin613

Godwin613 New Egg

May 4, 2016
    West Ga.
    Do you still have any? We live in Whitesburg, Ga. Would love to have with the rest of our New found love of farming.

6. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Yes, we do still have the one gander. Again, he is not a good example of a Pilgrim Goose because he has too much gray but he is a friendly big boy. He missed being processed last week only because I ran out of time so maybe he was saved for a reason. [​IMG]

(This is Roboduck's wife)

7. lilstrick 25

lilstrick 25 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2015
    Franklin GA
    How far from Franklin ga

8. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    About an hour. Could consider meeting part way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by