1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pilgrim ganders for sale in northwest GA Pictures added in 2nd post

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by RoboDuck, Nov 9, 2014.

1. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought 8 Pilgrims this past spring. 6 males and 2 females. That ratio is a bit off but I got them out of the barn they were living in and brought them home to a free range with a pond lifestyle. Four of the ganders (all brothers) need to find a new home before breeding season so I'm starting now

Now here's the catch.... they are not up to breed standards so they'll be for pets only. One has a slight case of angel wing. Two of them have a goodly bit of black on their necks. And one's feet and bill are more pink than orange. They are not loveable but will surround you when they know (or suspect) that you have food. And they will eat out of your hand. You just can't pet them or pick them up. Obviously we have not seen how their temperament is when the breeding season is on.

I'm asking for a small amount just to keep people from getting them because their free. The price may be waived if you have a nice place for them to live out their days.

I'm trying to find them good homes to keep my wife from killing them and putting them in the freezer.

We are about 40 minutes west of Atlanta. Pictures will be added as soon as the wifey gets them off her camera.

2. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]