Pilgrim Geese, do anyone have pilgram geese???

I have Pilgrims, and lots others here do too. Do you just have goslings?

They are sexable at hatching by their feather color. At adulthood the females are gray, patterned much like a Toulouse except with white feathers right around the bill, the white patch growing as she gets older. My year-olds have barely any white by the beak. Males are white with a gray patch on the back, under the wings.

The beaks of both sexes are orange.

Perhaps you have another type?

I have a pair of Pilgrim geese. I got them as goslings last year ordered from Metzer farm. I guess our female, Lucy, did have a dark bill when she was a gosling. Now she has an orange bill. You can see a picture of her on My BYC Page (link under my avatar) So far they have been very sweet geese.

I don't want to highjack the thread, but if anybody would be willing to sell some Pilgrim hatching eggs can you pm me? I'm looking to buy some next month and can't find eggs OR goslings anywhere!

I went to your BYC page scratch'n'peck, and must say I throughly enjoyed it. wow beautiful birds all of them
love.gif

Thank you, I love my photo of my pilgrim goose, Lucy. I think it is cool that the Male pilgrims have blue eyes and the females have brown eyes. I don't think Lucy has done much egg laying yet.

I got a pair of pilgrims from Metzers on the 6th and last night the female died. I am really upset. She wasn't very active from the start. She sat around a lot and wobbled when she walked but she was eating and drinking. I hope I can find another one somewhere. The male is such a friendly little thing and was from the day they arrived. My male doesn't have blue eyes (at least not yet). Will they turn blue as he gets older?

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that the female didn't make it. It's especially upsetting when you wanted to raise the pair together. Maybe someone else will join this thread who has some pilgrim goslings. I don't think my Lucy pilgrim has started laying just yet. I think your male pilgrim's eyes should turn blue later.

My pilgrims have been laying (and still are, as of today), and I've been throwing everything in the incubator in 2's and 3's. Right now I have 3 goslings (1 female, 2 males), if anyone is in need. Since I only have a pair, they're closely related and not suitable for breeding together. :c)

Back
Top Bottom