Pilgrim Geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Sareny, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Sareny

Sareny New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Bought these Geese the other day..was told they were 2 males and 1 female but in looking at different breeds of geese they look like pilgrims... anyone able to help me please
    Can post more pics if needed

2. Sareny

Sareny New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A few more pics of them......

3. Pilze

Pilze Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2013
    Your geese look a lot like a goose I am trying to rescue from a local runoff pond. I captured the white one and it has bright blue eyes. I can't tell if your geese are Pilgrims or Toulouse, but they are good looking geese!

4. Sareny

Sareny New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    thank u.. i am in love with them already. The lady that owned them passed away and her kids could only tell me they are supposed to be 2 males and a female... We are having a small pond dug for them right now...Guess i will wait for spring and see who is laying eggs and who isnt..

5. Sareny

Sareny New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    from what i can tell they have brown eyes.. they dont let u get very close.. havent seen them get aggressive just loud and hissy...... i have found on google several geese that are very close to them in looks:( maybe have to make an hour drive to the vet to find out for sure

6. flockman

flockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Toulouse geese. Gender I am not sure.

7. Sareny

Sareny New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    Thank u

8. Avlana

Avlana Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I agree, they look like toulouse geese.

9. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I thought, I´ve seen these geese before,,,and Sareny, that´s a name on another thread! Then I realised you´d posted them twice....thought I was going a bit potty for a bit, there. [​IMG]
    Have a look at Missy, Miss Lydia´s toulouse. See what you think for comparison. But they aren´t pilgrims, I´m absolutely sure.

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Maybe this will help... Beautiful geese by the way. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700242/toulouse-geese-thread

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by