Pilgrim Goose vs. Toulouse Goose

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Calebs Acre, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    A friend of mine gave me three female geese. She says two are pilgrim and one is a toulouse. I have dewlap toulouse and sebbies. But, truthfully, I don't know how to tell the regular barnyard toulouse from those pilgrims.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? I need to get rid of all three of them, but I want to make sure I do not misrespresent them. I do not yet have a photo where you can see them, plus, by the time I get back out to them, they will have moved, so I guess I need to LEARN.

Thanks! I feel as dumb as mud.

2. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    The toulouse should be bigger, and a slightly darker shade of grey. The pilgrim may have some white markings in their head area. I think there is supposed to be some color difference in their bills and feet but I don't remember what it is nor which has what. Heck you have 3 geese, the two that look the most alike should be pilgrims and the odd one isn't.

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I agree with the above post. Pilgrim should have orange bills and feet, not sure about the Toulouse.

4. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    They just look SO MUCH alike, it isn't funny!!! They all have orange feet and beaks. If I could find an obvious difference, that would be great, but the colors look the same and SOMETIMES I can see a thinnner neck there, but not often enough.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by