Pilgrim pics

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Southerngirl, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Songster

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Here are a few pics of my pilgrims. They are all so spoiled !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Julie_A

Julie_A Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    [​IMG]

Here are my pilgrims.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  3. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Songster

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    I love them all up at the fence talking to you! So cute!

Psst: Julie, your link didn't work.

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Only one girl? [​IMG]

5. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Songster

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I paid for two pairs (made the 4 hour drive to get them) and ended up with 1 female and 3 males. I thought they were colored sexed?[​IMG] No luck making an exchange without making the long drive again. So, for now I'm enjoying them but when it comes time for the female to choose----may have to send the other two to the pond and let them be. They may not survive (foxes) but I wont have agressive males around. No one else wants them. How do you think they will behave?
    Southerngirl, I only see one female in the pic with all those males. How do they do?

6. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Songster

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Sadly I lost 5 females from Ideal due to shipping at the post office !!! This was not Ideals fault at all, they somehow did not arrive from the PO Wed and I ended up getting them on a Friday. Only 1 female and 4 males made it; my replacements ended up being males. Since I ordered straight run that was what was replaced and I still ended up with 7 males and 1 female;. Her name is Cleopatra (Cleo for short). I am going to order more geese in the spring and ONLY females! These are the quietest geese I have ever owned. You never know they are in the yard, until they see the feed bucket or mom or dad coming to give them some bread, then they start talking ! They are so gentle and kind. I want to find breeders closer to me if possible, I live in Arkansas, to help preserve this wonderful breed. They all get along together just fine. Their is one male who stands out and has the gray tipped wings and a small amount on his tail. I will separate him , his name is Big Sexy!, and Cleo in the spring from the other males for breeding.

7. Julie_A

Julie_A Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    Quote:Sorry, couldn't remember my hosting password to upload it. LOL

8. Julie_A

Julie_A Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    I thought I bought a "pair." LOL

9. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Songster

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    They are so pretty !!!! Thanks for sharing ! [​IMG]

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I actually need another male. If you weren't so far away I would get one or two from you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: