Pinched nerves, anyone got advice?

countrygirl4513

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Portland TN
I've been having trouble with my left hand, arm and neck. Waking up in the most unbearable pain to the point that I can't move my arm. Pins and needles and numbness in fingers. The Doc says it's a pinched nerve, put me on anti-inflammatory, steriods and said it should improve. I'm wearing my TENS unit near all the time and it isn't improving. Does anyone have experience in this type of problem? Thanks in advance!!

Hi countrygirl Know what your dealing with I've got the same problem with my neck. I have been using hot rice packs made from old tube socks. I even take them to bed with me it seems to help. I'm not much for pain pills or pills of any kind. I also use an old remedy Warm up some castor oil in a pan and put some on your neck then place a warm towel over it. It helps as well. The oil lubricates your neck. Some really old timer told me this many years ago and it works. Hope this helps Micki

A good chiropractic adjustment will help. When DH slipped without falling on our icy deck, he wrenched his back and couldn't stand straight. His pain was awful. It took a few adjustments, followed by alternating hot & cold packs at home. I'm positive if he went to an orthopedic dr, DH would have had back surgery, since surgery is their bread & butter. Our chiropractor saved DH a bunch of money and post-op down time.

There are some unethical chiros out there that try to make you come in 3-4 times a week...our chiropractor said it's unecessary.

I am sorry to hear you are in pain. I had similiar experience years ago, couldnt open a jar or type with out pain. Went to a chiro, he adjusted my elbow, instant relief. I also used to stretch my arm by encircling my wrist with thumb and pointer finger of other hand and gently pulling/stretching. Brought me some relief.

Good luck

Quote:
Wow! I've had the same trouble countrygirl describes. I just tried the stretching thing you suggested and had some pops in my neck (both sides) & shoulders, and could feel a nerve tingle on the side that bothers me! Have to add that to my stretching routine!!!

Back
Top Bottom