PINE SHAVING ALERT AT TSC!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Slingha, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Slingha

Slingha Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2014
    Just went over to TSC to pick up another bag of pine shavings and lo and behold they are sold out. The salesman there told me that they are out, the distribution warehouse is out, and they don't know when they area getting more in.

Great time to run out just before chick days!

If you need or will need shavings, you should probably head over there and pick some up if they have any.

This was at a TSC in NJ

2. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

The shavings I get from TSC are always very dusty and I can't use them. Chicks, rabbits, gerbils all get sick when I tried. No bueno!

I buy pine shavings at Walmart. They are pretty good, even though I despise Walmart.

3. Melinda48

Melinda48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    Columbia, MO
    Picked some up at our TSC yesterday (Columbia,MO) 2-23-14.

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

If you can't find them at TSC try any of your local feed stores. I get mine from a boarding stable and the quality is so much better then what TSC sells.

3 people like this.
  5. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Maybe a regional thing. There was another pallet of the white label premium chips right next to it.
    [​IMG]

6. newchic2013

newchic2013 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2013
    ALL of the farm stores including our local elevator are out here. Who knew there could be a pine shaving shortage?!?! :S

7. JesNflock

JesNflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2013
    NE Florida,US
    Yeah, I ran into that problem a few weeks ago (they were out of the flake but had the fine so I had to make do) I'm glad I have a good supply now but then again..maybe I should get more just in case...

8. Balloonjuice

Balloonjuice Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2013
    Styx, TX
    Local feed store here in Texas seems to have plenty on hand. They supply them mostly for horse stalls, but my chicks love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by