PineBurrowPeeps...Your Red Ribbon Apple Pie is OUTSTANDING!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by miss_jayne, Feb 21, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Jenna kindly shared a wonderful apple pie recipe with me last week. yesterday i made two of them to serve at 'breakfast for dinner' and everyone went nutty over it.

thank you, Jenna for a great recipe. you're a gem!

[​IMG]

and for all you bake-a-holics, Jenna has graciously allowed me to share her award winning pie recipe.

Jenna's Red Ribbon Apple Pie-

6 cups thinly sliced peeled and cored apples (about 8 medium apples, you can use whatever kind you like but I usually use all Red Delicious)

3/4 Cup of Sugar

2 Tablespoons of Flour

1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon

1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg

Pinch of Salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with a fork or wooden spoon. Let sit 10-15 minutes or while you make the crust. This lets the mixture get juicy.
    Pour into pie crust. Top with other half of double crust or crumb topping (below). Bake at 375 degrees for 60-75 minutes or until golden brown. Use a pie shield or tin foil on the edges to prevent overbrowning until final 20 minutes.

Crumb Topping-

1/2 Cup White Flour

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

4 Tablespoons Butter

Mix Flour and Brown Sugar, Cut in Butter. Sprinkle over pie.

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Please, just put me in the middle. I'll be fine, I'll just eat my way out! [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    just keep chewing, you can do it! never give up hope! [​IMG]

4. Oh please, you're making me blush! [​IMG]

They look yummy!

I have to always have GOOD vanilla Ice Cream in the house when I make my apple pie. The kind with the little black flecks of vanilla bean... *drools*

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yes! REAL vanilla ice cream! no fake outs! [​IMG]

seriously, your pie recipe is great. so far everyone i served it to (which by my totals is 11 people) has LOVED it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by