Pingu... are you out there?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Suzie, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I am so very upset right now.... my beloved Pingu is probably dead.. she has been reluctant to go into the duck house for the past two days.. she has spent her nights in the chicken house and I have indulged her whim... tonight she did not come home and I found her on the border of the river, it was very dark... I had been searching for her for three hours.... when I did find her, she swam into the river and was taken downstream through the sluice gates... a 10ft drop immediately.

I continued my search for another hour.. no sighting, it is snowing and freezing cold here.. I feel terrible... I should have herded her up earlier and forced her into a safe housing, she has been very willful for so long ... but that is no excuse, I am so dreadfully upset... please Pingu come home safely tomorrow morning....God willing a miracle will await me!

[​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

I hope so too Suzie [​IMG]. please let us know. [​IMG]

3. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Thanks Miss Lydia... I am in floods of tears....I will update with any news... it is nearly midnight here and all I want to do is go outside and search for her..... she is mainly black in colour and so difficult to search for... reminds me so much of PlumTuckered searching for Scooter... I feel so helpless!

Thanks again my friend!

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Prayers for you both.
    [​IMG]

5. DUCKOBSESSED

DUCKOBSESSED Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    I am so sorry for you. We will keep you in our prayers!! [​IMG] I hope she comes home!!

6. Miss Lydia

Any news yet?

7. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.... unfortunately, despite intensive searching so far there has been no sighting of Pingu...

I know the phrase that " No news is good news " but my instincts tell me that she is no longer alive.... such a huge fall in fast moving water and there are a lot of rocks at the lower level where the sluice gate opens. I have walked up and down the river, searched in every nook and cranny but I have not found her body anywhere... I would have accepted her having been dead but right now it feels worse as I have no closure and I cannot give up my search.....everything I can think of goes against her survival... my optimism is at a very low ebb right now.

Thanks again everyone... dead or alive I want to find her so much....

Any news and I will post the results

8. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]

9. DUCKOBSESSED

DUCKOBSESSED Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    I am so sorry for you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by