1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PINGU!!! My roo is 6 months but what breed???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by indi, Dec 6, 2011.

1. indi

indi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Hey my roo Pingu (is actually awesome [​IMG]) is six months, crows like there is no tomorrow and looks like this...

eerrrmmm...How do I put a picture up? [​IMG]

I shall (with my non existant english skills!![​IMG]) describe my roo...

He is black with lots of orange feathers and greeny bue ones for his tail. He has a MASSIVE fluffy butt! Hi neck has lots of hair-like feathers as does hi back just before his tail. He has feathery legs and only 4 toes (his legs aren't excessively feathery). The feathers on his legs are mainly black but some have white ends (he tries to pull these out, I think he thinks they are covered in poo!!). His beak is mainly black but does have some white/cream areas that he has had since he was a chick and his feet are the same. HE IS MORE ORANGE THAN BLACK (AND THINKS HE IS HALF DRAGON!!)

So any idea of breed or how to put a pic up?? [​IMG]

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    At the top it saids upload then you upload one and use the copy and paste to the place you want it.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    up at the top were are the links are to other sections (index, user list ect) there is on that says uploads. click that and it will open up to the page were you upload ur pics. once there click the browse button and find the pic you want to upload. upload your pic and when it gives you the links to your pic (gives you 2) use the 2nd link. copy and paste the link in a post and theres your pic.

sounds mixed but without a pic cant be for sure

4. indi

Aug 4, 2011
  5. indi

Aug 4, 2011
    Sorry you are going to have to click on the link.

Silly computer won't work!! [​IMG]

6. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    That was a lovely description of your Pingu but [​IMG]I have absolutely no clue what kind he is. I got this picture in my head but for some reason it looks kinda Cartoony. [​IMG] I so wanted to say Salmon Faverolle, but when you got to the 4 toes you threw me off And the hackle feathers aren't white right? Anyway I will wait on the real deal picture cause the one in my head just ain't workin for me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  7. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Oh Wow he is pretty I still don't have any idea though. Sorry [​IMG]

8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    He's a mutt. As far as I can tell due to the comb and color, a Golden Laced Wyandotte x feather footed breed is my best guess. Where'd you purchase him?

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Wow, what a handsome rooster! It does look a bit like there might be some partridge wyandotte in there, but that comb . . . Is it a double comb?

10. indi

Aug 4, 2011
    thanks everyone [​IMG]

in answer to your question, i hatched him for a science project [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by