pink eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hdowden, Feb 21, 2012.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    what bantam breed(s) have the most "pink" colored eggs?

2. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I was just getting ready to post this. I have a dutch bantam and she laid bright slightly creamy white eggs. Today I went out and found a slightly warm bantam egg that has a slight pink tint to it. I have two more bantams they are a Cochin and a Millie Fleur D'uccle. Wondering if one of them laid it.

Here is a pic of what my egg looks like it's a very subtle color difference. The pinkish one is in the top right.
    [​IMG]

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    with this one i'm thinking the cochrin laid it. d'uccles will lay white to a slightly off white egg. i do know that pink eggs are basiclly a brown color but what causes them to look pink i dont know and i'm looking for a breed that will lay a pink colored egg for most of its life and not on and off

4. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Good luck I can't wait to see what others say. It would be nice if my cochin laid the egg, She's 10 months old and hasn't laid yet (to my knowledge).

5. Maggie C

Maggie C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2012
    Largo, FL
    I have what I have been told is an Easter Egger bantam and her eggs are and have always been very light pinky beige. I'm okay with the pink ones, but was hoping for blue or green. My other girls all lay brown eggs - 2 Australorps and 2 LT Brahmas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by