1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pink feet?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LedgeWoods, Nov 15, 2010.

1. LedgeWoods

LedgeWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Midwest
    I noticed some of the girls with pink feet this morning. Wondering if they are just suffering from cold tootsies or if this is a symptom of something else. They currently have sand on the floor in their coop and we had a cold night last night. Changing over to wood shavings in the coop this weekend and going the deep litter method for the winter months.

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Funny you should mention this- I have a roo that I have been watching his feet for months at this point because they are too pink for my liking. I am thinking it must be normal (for him) because I have been keeping an eye on this bird's feet for months and they haven't changed at all in that time.

Cold-related changes to birds' feet are usually more of a dusky purple/dark blue color. I had a duck get a touch of frostbite last winter and her feet got very dusky for the remainder of the winter. She was fine in the long run. No problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by