Pink feet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by stephen k, Feb 22, 2014.

1. stephen k

stephen k Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    Hey guys i just noticed my rooster has pink on the bottom of his feet!hes still walking around with a swagger so he doesn't look in discomfort!maybe it's jus cause hes on the perch at night?hes the man an me an my gf take prude in him

2. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    [​IMG]

3. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    [​IMG]

4. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Can you get a picture? If not, it's not the end of the world... but it would help.
    It sounds like he probably has bumblefoot. Does it look like he has a scab on the bottom of his feet?
    Does it look like this?
    [​IMG]

5. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    I can't get at him cus he runs away but it doesn't look like that!its jus pink!like a dark pink!wats bumble foot?

6. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Bumblefoot is a type of infection chickens can get in their feet. They can get it from rough surfaces, pointy things like thorns, or even from walking too much on hard surfaces. Does he have bedding in his coop?

7. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    Yea would shavings!but I let them lose on the lawn but he and his girls have to walk over a Stoney path to get there!hes a big boy but is it possible hes to heavy to mate?

8. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Hello!! Is he a blue cochin (it looks like it)? I have one just like him. If so, mine has pinkish coloring on the undersides of his feet, too. As long as the foot does not appear inflamed, swollen, other otherwise unusual, and he is not limping or walking strangely (as if in discomfort), the pink is probably normal. :)

9. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    A stony path probably wouldn't hurt his feet.
    I agree with Nambroth, It's probably his normal flesh color. My silkie-cochin cross also has pinkish- colored soles. As long as he doesn't seem to be in any pain, I wouldn't worry about it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by