Pink or Blue? Bantam Genders - Pic Heavy

MROO

Enabler
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
Hi All,
We have a batch of bantam chicks that we've just moved outside to the Halfway-House - Halfway between hatching and the coop! We're newbies, so we're just guessing on genders, so I figured it would be a good idea to ask the BYC community for a little assistance.
The pics aren't the best, thanks to using an older phone and disturbing chicks that were still exploring their new digs. If the pics don't load the first time (I haven't quite mastered this, yet!) bear with me, I'll try again in a few minutes.
Here goes ...

Spunky, 8 weeks - Started out solid black, but now looks like a black-headed, wonky-patterned Sebright? Comb is very small. Solid black eyes.

Featherfoot, 8 weeks - Porcelain D'Uccle, and my daughter's favorite! We're desperately hoping she's a she!

Someone in the Halfway House is crowing - and we're pretty sure it's this little one - so "his" name is Yukon - after Yukon Cornelius, because he's silver and gold. He started out solid white. I have no idea about his breed. My first thought was buff Japanese, but there's no hint of dark in his tail. Can anyone tell me what he is ... and if we're right to assume that this one is our crower, so far?

We also have two Silver Sebrights. They are unnamed as of yet because they won't sit still long enough for us to really differentiate between them!

Silver 1 may well be named Sulky - because of the reaction to being handled. A genuine, bona-fide, slouching sulk. Too funny! This one has fine, silver, hair-like feathers on it's neck that look suspiciously like hackle feathers, but an almost non-existent comb.

Silver 2 has the same tiny comb but is a bit darker around the neck - which is the only way we can really tell them apart, at the moment. Oh - and this one doesn't sulk!

We have a few more to post, but I haven't gotten pics of the Gold Sebrights, yet and some younger porcelain D'Uccles that are too young to tell anything about, yet. Besides that, I've already overloaded the pics and don't want to push my luck!
Thanks!

Attachments

MROO

Enabler
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
The rest all look like pullets so far.
I should be so lucky!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed! If they are, then, considering the "odds factor," all five of our Silkies will be cockerels! I guess that's okay, though, since at least two are slated for pet homes where the kids can't have cats and Mom doesn't want surprise chicks!

Top Bottom