1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pink or blue???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mother hen 6, Sep 27, 2014.

1. mother hen 6

mother hen 6 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2014
    We were given some buff orphington Roos but we are beginning to suspect that one if them may be a hen. Your thoughts? Is it pink or blue?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

A picture might help, but I see you only have one post so probably cannot attach a photo. If you click the icon at the top of the screen with the mountains and sun on it, it will take you to an input screen for uploading pictures, however, I believe you must have a certain number of posts before you can do pictures, a spam guard of sorts.

Psst, Orpington doesn't have an "h" in it. Common mistake, though.

3. mother hen 6

Sep 27, 2014
    Ok thanks! I had tried to put a pic and thought maybe I just didn't see it.

4. speckledhen

Hang around and chat with us on some other threads and you'll have enough posts to put up your pictures before you know it. Welcome to BYC!

5. mother hen 6

Sep 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of my "girl!" My son has named her Shimmy because we aren't sure if he's a she, lol! "She's" about 16 weeks old.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  6. speckledhen

At that age, it's a pullet. There are no pointy saddle feathers on her, a sure sign of a cockerel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by