PINK SHOWGIRL!!! County Fair Picture

DawnSuiter

Songster
12 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Western Colorado - Formerly E. TN Smokies
My Coop
My Coop
Ok, so I'm new, I surely hadn't seen EVERYTHING but I NEVER imagined seeing THIS at the county fair! OMG! It's so funny! The really funny part is that I'm part of a couple of "pink" organizations and I just couldn't wait to show my fellow pink girls the pink chicken! But then I thought... have BYC'ers seen a pink chicken? Well.. if you hadn't NOW you have!

101_1986.JPG

101_1987.JPG

101_1988.JPG

Isn't that just fascinating? How do you DYE a chicken?

it's done with food coloring...illegal to sell or even display a dyed chicken in some states.
can cause dangerous scenarios when housed with others as they may pick at the dyed chickens.

That actually looks like a "show-BOY" more than a showgirl. I hope they have poultry shrinks, he might have some issues to deal with
gig.gif

L&Schickens :

If Phillis Diller was a chicken....

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

The chicken did not get any prize this show, but was in the section for experienced showers. it said showgirl on the cage, I don't know enough to know that's a boy! that's also very funny!! Poor boy.

I think it's a hoot! Not something I would do, but still a hoot to look at!​

Last edited by a moderator:
That is how they mark baby chicks so they know who their parents are etc.

When the eggs are in the incubator they take a needle, and inject food coloring. Which causes the down to be colored. The coloring goes away after the chicks loose their down.

Back
Top Bottom