Pink wattles at 3 1/2 weeks?! PICTURES

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WooingWyandotte, May 11, 2011.

1. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    We recently got a couple chicks, one of them a Silver Laced Wyandotte. (managed to snatch one before the store ran out!) We have had it for a week when I started noticing wattles forming, at first they were a yellow with a hint of pink, now they are growing bigger and pinker everyday. The comb isn't exactly pink, but I could almost call it that. I would post pictures but my silly camera isn't working [​IMG]
    This chick has a pretty independent attitude, the first to try to jump/fly on things - including me. It will not go anywhere without it's buddy, who is looking the dominant one of the two, these guys never peck each other...they seem more like friends than a 'I'll peck you if you get outta line' thing. So, is there feathering I need to look for on a rooster? And, what are hackle feathers? I hear them mentioned but don't know what they are.

I'll post pictures when I can.

Any help is welcome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    That's what my BO's did and everyone on here said they are Roo's! When you post some pics later~ you'll get a lot of answers! People on here LOVE pictures... [​IMG]

3. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Haha.

4. newchknmama

newchknmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Middleton ID
    My SLW girl turned REAL pink at 3 weeks.. and everyone said Roo roo roo.. now she looks more and more like a girl every single day. And from what I can tell on here.. SL are nearly impossible to sex, esp hatchery ones cause they can develop so early.
    Here is mine at 3 weeks and again at 6 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Thanks, I guess I'll just have to wait until it crows or I find an extry egg.

6. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    I HATE the waiting game!!!! [​IMG] Good luck!!!

7. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Argh I know. But there is nothing else for me to do except ask for more input [​IMG]

8. Indigosands

Indigosands Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Any update? I have a little GLW that's looking the very same and I'm freaking out that my one and only GLW is gonna be a roo. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by