Pinless Peepers and nipple waterer

dahlia333

Songster
9 Years
Apr 22, 2010
Portland
Hello,

For those of you who use pinless peepers, do your chickens have trouble drinking from their nipple waterer? I just ordered some for one of my hens and I'm wondering if I'll have to go back to a regular waterer. Thanks.

I hope someone has responded to you, or that you have found out yourself but...I am quite concerned with feather picking on my hens (2 out of 10). I want to get them the peepers but I am worried about them being able to drink water from their water nipple container. Do your\'s have any problems with that or have you heard of anyone that has had that problem? I really appreciate your response at your earliest convenience. contact me at [email protected] please. Thanks

I can tell you that any chicken that doesn't have normal vision will have a problem with nipple waterers.

I have an aging hen who has vision problems from time to time, and when she is struggling with one of her eye infections, she lacks vision in both eyes so has no depth perception. Seeing her struggle with the nipple waterer, I know that a chicken wearing peepers would have similar problems with it.

I simply put out the old water fount with the saucer that any chicken with vision problems can easily see well enough to drink from and leave the nipple waterers for everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom