Pinoned my first baby today.....

mominoz

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
I did it.
ya.gif
I looked up all the links (like 3!) I could find. Gathered 3 cutting tools. Grabbed my stomach. I am squeamish about hurting anything:th but I just recieved my first Shetland goose in one of my duckling shipments, with 4 more coming from Holderreads. They are a mini-type goose , smaller than average and pretty rare. I don't want the chance they could get over the fences and wing clipping gets to be a drag. My Tufted buffs , one can fly 5-8 feet high and 50-60 feet at least, at 2 years sooooooooooo. And with coyotes, and neighbor pitbulls.....one flight over could be fatal.
Well, the heavy toenail clippers didn't work
hide.gif
. So I got hubbys wire cutters. I need to get some smaller ones, as the babies are small and lots of my fencing type tools and cutters are too big. The wire cutters did it real clean. No bleeding. One peoop. But not any more than when they step on each other or peck at each other, so I survived
thumbsup.gif

Just a quick question??? Do you have to pinion Khaki Campbell Ducks? Never had this kind of duck so really not sure if they fly or not? By the looks of the wings my guess is he can't fly but just wanting to know, cause he is my goslings best duck and I don't want him to fly away.
wink.png

Thanks,
T.

Back
Top Bottom