Pip? Candling?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MonkeyZero, Jun 6, 2008.

1. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Ok as most of you know, my hen is on eggs. Today, while she was out and about, I looked at the eggs. I saw a small round shaped cracked. Before when I candled I saw in 4 of 7 eggs, VERY dark inside. Cant see veins, but I know the egg is full. I see the air cell too. Does this mean its about to hatch. Also the crack was more on the top side of the egg.

Thanks Sindoora

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Yep... the peeper has poked through, and is resting up for it's Kung-fu entrance. [​IMG] It can take a while, so just leave it be! [​IMG]

3. MonkeyZero

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Ok so icaught my son being bad. The area it made a hole, is only cracked/chiped. And a small peice was out only. So my son went and pulled out another small peice. he only pulled the shell, no the soft membrane yourleft with if you remove the shell very gently. Help, will it be ok? oh yeah and the chick is cracking the bottom side of the egg(the wide side) should I concerned?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2008
  4. MonkeyZero

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Ok, this morning, the egg was gone. It cracked, with nothing in it!!! GRRRR! Well I candled for the LAST time. If I dont get any hatches within 2 weeks, I will kill myself!!!!!!! [​IMG] But it isnt anyones fault. The hen cracked the egg I guess, on her way out to eat. Well. When I candled, 2 of 6 eggs are FULL, I see and air sack, no cracking. They are all full. I believe they should hatch any day right? In the other 2 I see the chick, but veins, so they arent done yet. The last 2 I see Veins, and TINY little chicks developing. The wait is insane!!! I need mental help...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by