Pip with Picture

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by indigo flats, Feb 24, 2017.

1. indigo flats

indigo flats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    [​IMG]On time day 20 now waiting to see if it hatches. It doing a lot of chirping. Had to edit to correct a misspelled word.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Congrats.....Now you have another 24 hours to possibly wait......The waiting is the hardest part!!

Cheers!

3. microchick

microchick Overrun With Chickens

Congratulations, I'm on day 17-18 with my 11 eggs, or what I am calling, The Longest Day! I topped off the water in the Brinsea this morning, talked to the eggs and told them to get busy and PIP!

I don't think they are listening to me, LOL!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  4. indigo flats

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    Mine is taking his time but still chirping.

5. indigo flats

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    Two eggs pipped but none hatch yet tomorrow is day 21 so hopefully in the morning when I wake up they will be some chicks in the incubator.I can't count them yet until they actually hatch and survive.

6. chickens really

Have no worries yet.....right now all you can or should do . Is wait and wait some more ......could be 24 hours from pip to zip......

Cheers!

7. indigo flats

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    The blue egg is still slow the brown egg is half way around. Hopefully more pip and hatch. The two that are piping are on time. I have learnt a lot from this incubation. I have made a incubator that I think is better than this store bought one. It is just smaller 10 or 12 eggs. I will use it next.

8. chickens really

Happy hatching.....

I hope you send pictures once they are hatched!

Keep waiting.....wait some more.

Cheers!

9. indigo flats

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    One has hatched 4 more have pips and one doing nothing. The one that hatched is pushing all the eggs around. Will have to wait and see what happens this is day 21.

10. indigo flats

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    Up date 2 hatched 3 more pipped 1 doing nothing. The one that had 3/4 zipped last night still not hatched he may have died not sure. I am hands off so we will see what today holds. I will not open it up for 24 or 48 hours. I will not assist any mother nature can do her thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by