PIPPAGE!!! Button Quail :)

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
YAY!!!!!

The questionable egg is the first to pip! This is my first ever incubating experience and first ever pip.....SOOOO guess what I shall name this chick as long as it survives and hatches? Pippin! Male or female I don't care that shall be it's name!
smile.png

It's peep peep peeps are so quiet, however it's very vocal. I'll upload pictures once the pip hole is bigger than a pin prick LOL!

I will probably stay up until it hatches completley, the other BQ eggs haven't pipped yet but theres deffinatly action in those shells
smile.png

Niki

Last edited:
Quote:
this is really weird.....the part where i say "ill upload pictures once teh pip hoel is bigger than a pin prick LOL!" atleast on my screen it says "pin jerk"...okay?? LOL so if you see that as well, it's supposed to be pin prick and i have no idea why it keeps showing pin jerk...LOl....

okay...it's still doing it... P rick (put "p" and rick" together) i guess cuz the computer thinks I mean an insult...i dont...LOL!

Last edited:
My lil pipper hatched!!!! I named it Pippin..lol.

Still wet, but took some pics through the veiw thing...none of the other eggs have pipped yet (other button quail eggs i mean).

He's "peeeeep. peeeeeep. Peeeep" in away in there. lol.

Right after coming out of the egg:

IMG_1338.jpg

about 5 mins ago:
IMG_1341.jpg

Hey there... Congrats!!!!
ya.gif

Just for future reference, if you put the eggs on that rubber shelf liner, you'll reduce the risk of spraddle leg or injuries. You can see how small they are compared to the 1/4" wire? They can get their toes or even a whole leg stuck down there and cause problems.
smile.png
I use it on all my hatches... makes cleanup easier too!
thumbsup.gif

Can't wait to see little Pippin' when he/she is all fuzzy and dry!
big_smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
wink.png

Soon!!!

I can't wait darn it!

I did not realize the wire was 1/4". I thought what I was looking at was 1/2".

Wow they are so small! That is cool!
There little size reminds me of my "littleman" Opie, big dog in a very small body!​

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Hey there... Congrats!!!!
ya.gif

Just for future reference, if you put the eggs on that rubber shelf liner, you'll reduce the risk of spraddle leg or injuries. You can see how small they are compared to the 1/4" wire? They can get their toes or even a whole leg stuck down there and cause problems.
smile.png
I use it on all my hatches... makes cleanup easier too!
thumbsup.gif

Can't wait to see little Pippin' when he/she is all fuzzy and dry!
big_smile.png

I deffinatly learned my lesson on that (his legs are fine, but i saw how much he was fighting just to stand normally in there). I removed him and put him in the brooder still drying but almost all fluffy. Actaully to the touch Pippin already feels completely dry...so not sure if those feathers are going to stay wet looking or if he will eventually poof out??? LOL

I'd put that liner in there now for the others, however, I'd have to remove over 70+ eggs from teh incubator to do that....not sure i want to do that and risk how clumbsy I can be LOL!!! Esp since some are due to hatch this weekend coming up.

heres Pippin as of right this second:
IMG_1356.jpg

already dipped his beak in the wtaer and he drank a tiny bit (well i guess normal sized amount for his size lol), and he already pecked at some crumbled up feed that I pretend to peck at with my finger. I feel so bad he's alone no other chickie doos with him right this moment cept my hand LOL! He calls longingly if i move my hand out of sight of the brooder..poor lil thing.​

Back
Top Bottom