Pipped Day 21 (24 hrs ago) but still not out

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrsgibber, May 13, 2011.

1. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Is it that normal? I can here the little one peeping in there but no progress besides initial poke through to get out.

Also, I have two other eggs that I candled and can't really tell what's going on but they passed the Float Test. Only the tip of the wide end above water. Not sinking. What do you all think? Let them continue to set?

2. natchlaly

natchlaly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    east yorkshire UK
    Yeah leave them it can take 36+ hrs so be patient and just because one has pipped doesnt mean the other will at the same time, may take another 3/4 days [​IMG]

3. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    ok, thanks. I feel better now. [​IMG]

4. hd_darcy

hd_darcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I had three that pipped for me last week, but never made it any further. I ended up waiting too long and lost 2 out of the 3. The third one I hatched myself (first time ever). It was shrink wrapped due to a screw-up of mine [​IMG] The good news is that it's still thriving today and is full of all kinds of spunk!

Best of luck!!

5. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    HI,
    I've had day 25 chicks..........[​IMG]
    Your probably O.K.

6. crazynnfan5

crazynnfan5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2011
    NSJ
    we had one pip for three days. on day 23 it cacked it, and on day twenty five we finally busted little pip pip out. he is totallty fie now. tinest little Serama haha

7. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    The little guy chirps ad everything. I think if it isn't out by tomorrow I'll help it along. It's been over 24 hrs with no progress....

8. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I am having the same problem. One of my little guys pipped and zipped but it hasnt gotten any farther. Only one other has a pip and the others have nothing. I am affraid i did something horribly wrong. [​IMG]

9. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Woke up to find the little one made his way out and is happily snuggled Mama. I two other eggs with no action still and she hasn't given up on them. No idea how long I should let her continue to sit on them. Today is day 23.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by