Pipped in middle of egg?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bzbrown, Nov 24, 2011.

1. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know if I need to help him yet. We just discovered his little beak working through the egg, but right in the middle of it. Advice?

2. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    pipping in the middle of the egg is completely normal! if you can, try to avoid helping it out of its shell. keep us posted! it is a chicken right???

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Most people suggest waiting 24 hrs. before helping. Hope he makes it! [​IMG]

4. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    That's totally normal [​IMG] Don't help, he's fine!
    Helping usually does more damage, honastly. Unless it's somthing I caused, or could
    have prevented (shrink wrapped chicks, etc) I don't help, and when I do, I wait a good 48
    hours before intervening.

Good luck!

5. bzbrown

Yeppers it's a chicken, an egg on loan from another BYC'r. I know she's going to be delighted. We are all gathered around the incubator now, watching with excitement.

6. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. Wolftalk

Aug 1, 2011
    AWWWW! its exciting hu??? well post pics when it hatches!!!! id love to see!!!

8. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. bzbrown

It is very exciting! I woke up early this morning with some sort of horrible reaction to new meds I'm on, have barely been able to move or hold down anything, but when the husband told me something was happening I practically flew out of bed. I may have to set up camp on the floor by the incubator.

10. Wolftalk

Aug 1, 2011
    Quote:i slept next to my eggs for 3 days! i hardly slept at all! its really exciting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by