pipped in the turner,,,,Pictures added

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
roll.png
I went down to check temps and humidity before I went to bed.......Tomorrow is day 19 for some eggs in there and what do I see when I open it to add a little water.......an egg that is pipped and peeping. I was gonna wait till in the morning to switch them over to the hatcher, but needless to say that got done tonight. There are 3 pipped so far and as I put them over I candled them and several more were in the air cell already. Hopefully I'll have some babies in the morning!!

Last edited:
Gotta get to work, but just a quick update.......5 hatched and another 3 or 4 pipped that I can see. They're Blue/black/Splash Orps. Bamachicken's eggs are due on friday, but I may take them out of the turner tonight since these last ones started early!!

After reading this yesterday, I had the "I'm glad mine haven't done that" thought in my head. Not even a hour later I go down to the basement to get things together to move my eggs out of the turner to get ready to hatch, well, it happened to me too. I had 2 eggs pipped on day 18 in the turner. One is starting to make the pip a little bigger, and the other has been rocking like crazy. I have to go to work this afternoon, so I may miss the action.

Back
Top Bottom