Pipping a bit early, but who cares!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Must Be Losing It, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    My Frizzle Cochin eggs from DipsyDoodleDoo have started pipping, well, one is. So here's to the early bird that gets the worm!!!!!

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Good luck with your hatch! [​IMG]

Jody

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    How Wonderful!! [​IMG]

My Buff Silkies hatched this week~two days early & I was so worried about it, but they did just fine. [​IMG] But some of the "later ones" needed some help. I am still trying to figure out if it was my temperature, humidity, or Both? Well, It's an adventure. [​IMG]

Have fun! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Yeah, I have one hatched and another pipped from Dipsy's eggs as well. May be the only two I get, my turner quit on me [​IMG]

5. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Sorry to hear that Chicks. I have sebrights due to hatch at the same time and boy do I have my fingers crossed. I've had bad luck with sebrights.

J

6. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks, I now have two hatched and another pipped, [​IMG] They aren't actually due until after 8:00 tomorrow night, so there may still be some hope. I will be happy with what ever I get. My turner quit early on so I just left the eggs be inside the bator and just tilted the whole thing from outside, lol. the two that have hatched are F7's, must have been a good day.

Hope you have a great hatch with yours.

7. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I had the same thing happen with dispydoo eggs they hatched on day 19 - some hathced day 20 and then some more on day 21...I had problems with day 21 little ones they were pretty dry....

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Chicks hatching early can be from the temp. being about a degree or two higher.than the 99 degree

9. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I'm just glad they are hatching!!!!!!! It really does't matter when as far as I'm concerned. So far one cute white frizzle with a few more pips.

10. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    aww that's awesome! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am trying to hatch some eggs for the first time in my new homemade incubator, and boy am I excited! LOL [​IMG] I am on day 4 right now, and they are expected to hatch on Sept.20 or longer.
    Congrats on your hatch! I hope it all works well! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by