pipping in the wrong direction!!! EEK!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mahen8622, Feb 24, 2009.

1. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    hey guys i have my first hatch and i htink the tenant of my first egg has pipped on the UNDER SIDE of the egg facing down and the wire should i shift the egg a little to help or jsut leave him alone and hope for the best?

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It'll be fine. Just leave the bator alone and it should be able wiggle free. They can pip in the middle of the egg and on the bottom of the egg instead of the "top" where the air cell is. Less is more! Don't open the bator or you risk having the rest of the hatch stick due to lack of humidity.

3. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    ok i think its an anxiety thing for everyone that deals with hatches they always wanna help but hten screw it all up lol im gonna be good nad leave it alone... i think... maybe i should get DH to tie my hands nd feet together... in a chair close to the bator so i can watch the hatch lol

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:Now that's the spirit!

5. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    i jsut gotta keep in mind that i want the cute fuzzy beak thing thatll be here by tomorrow and id screw things up lol. but i reaaaally jsut want to get hte egg out and shake it out and yell come oooon hurry UP YOUR PAST DUE lol id be horrible pregnant lol

6. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:What Silkie said [​IMG]

Make sure the humidity is around 65 to 70%. That will allow the chick to slide around inside the shell and zip off the top [​IMG]

7. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    [​IMG] ya i cant waaaaait WOOHOO

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Quote:Best advise for all newbe hatching. Yep tie the hands and feet. not sure anyone can open the incubator with their feet, but bet some would try. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by