Pipping the middle of egg.

Mesa

Songster
Nov 21, 2008
New Mexico
I have a very special egg from pips&peeps trying to hatch. The chick has pipped the middle of the egg and isnt in the air cell. The eggs are all in egg cartons and we are on day 21, just barely.

What should I do?
Sit and wait to see if it makes it out on its own ok?
Help it... how? Should I position the egg with the pip facing up?

I'm pretty sure it's not into the air cell. I suppose theres a possibility I could be wrong. I really dont think so though. My air cells are more towards the top 1/3 to 1/4 this hatch and this pip is pretty darn low. The lowest I've ever had an egg pip. I hope the peeping I'm hearing is coming from this egg... which would be a good sign.

This is a lavender egg and I'm sooooo hoping he/she makes it out ok.

fl.gif
I've had a few pip from strange places and all came out OK. I hope this extra special little one makes it out fine!
pop.gif

I would say if it has pipped low it would be better in the carton then laying down, The fluid in the egg will be at the bottom of the egg. If you lay it down the fluid in the egg would come up in the bottom part of the egg and when zipping if it zips toward the bottom could encounter the fluid. I have had alot of them pip low and most of the time it was not a problem.

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. The little chick now has a small hole in the shell where I can see it breathing from.... so far so good. If I peep at it it peeps back, I just love that!
I'm still waiting to see what this little guy does... we're almost 12 hours into this pip. Hopefully I'll have a baby in the next 12 hours.

Back
Top Bottom