1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pipping?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CATRAY44, Mar 9, 2009.

1. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I see a very, very faint hairline crack at the top of one of my eggs... there is a slight dent pushing outward. I don't see movement, but am not watching it a lot. Could htis be the start of the pipping? Start of day 21...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I would say they are pipping. Goodluck, -Jay

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    ha! you are in the race now! congrats, my good friend, you are about to be a chicken momma! [​IMG]

4. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    That sounds like a pip to me if the crack is protruding.
    Good luck on your hatch
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Carolyn

5. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    yes that sounds like a pip...now be prepared to wait and wait and wait for more movement. Sometimes it takes lots of hours for them to make any more progress. How do I know this??? Because I had one pip at noon today and I need back surgery from leaning over the incubator for the past 9 hours watching for any more movement! [​IMG] I have read and learned on here that it is normal for them to take a long time. Congrats!! and you and I can both sit and wait. [​IMG] But I am still soooooooooo excited! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by