PIRATE CAR? LOL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick_a_dee, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    I was driving along with my family coming from Madoc this week, and infront of us was a car and a man driving, with something moving next to him.. I thought, hmm a dog, nope, okay the guy is taking his chicken to the vet, nope, we passed him... HE HAD A PARROT ON HIS SHOULDER LOL

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

You can see some strange things while driving....especially in Charlotte, NC, LOL.

3. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    yes-but Asheville is even stranger-LOL

4. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, I will agree with you there...having spent lots of time there too, lol. Especially around the Mellow Mushroom.

5. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Too funny Chick_a_dee!!! [​IMG] How are you enjoying your new home??

6. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    [​IMG]

7. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    How cool! A Parrot. [​IMG]

the Mellow Mushroom? I've heard some things about that place here in Greenville, too!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  8. Chick_a_dee

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:It's great, we just pulled out the porch and now the house smells ten times better, discovered that the extension which is the master bedroom is actually sitting on a HUGE "crawlspace," which happens to have like 14 foot ceilings and so now we have an opportunity to make that a basement room with a walkout since we're on a hill. We painted the kitchen yellow [​IMG] Which is bad luck but who cares! it's bright and cheery! Finally getting our fencing up, and starting to fix the foundation on the chicken coop this month as the girls are almost 4 weeks old.

9. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    That's awesome.... 14 foot ceilings in a crawlspace...must be nice, lol. Wish we even had a basement .ours is an actual creepy crawlspace, all stone and dirt [​IMG] Never heard of yellow being a bad luck color, but it is nice and cheerful!
    Your chicks are growing up so fast!! Our youngest chicks that we hatched are going on 2 1/2 weeks and we just hatched out 2 muscovy ducklings on the weekend. Finding time to get the chicken coops up and ready is hard especially with all the rain we've been getting!

10. Chick_a_dee

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Oh my gosh I know! We had to wait so long to put our fencing up because we needed our hay cut, and the farmer behind us couldn't cut it because of the rain, so we got our posts pounded something like a month late!

We need the weather to dry up a bit before we can re-pour/fix the footings of the building, they have HOLES IN THEM, in some parts and we need to chip away the old parging on the floor inside so we can re-pour a skim coat. It was poured in 1938! the person marked the floor with their name and date! ... R. Huff 1938! the original family and the family that the road is named after!

We're hoping in about 5 years to have that crawlspace turned into a basement room with a walk-out to the yard, the other portion of the house which is the oldest part dating from 1870 is on shield rock, they'd dig a big hole and throw lots of rocks in it and then build ontop, when utilities came to the house, they dug out, put in stairs, and we have a cellar... but not a real cellar you'd consider storing things it, its really just for utilities. We love it here, and are very glad to be rid of the GTA, our house and outbuildings, plus the first 5 acres has been valued by our insurance company at 380,000! we paid 161,000

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by