Pitbull showers Vancouver news anchor with kisses

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Kansaseq, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I'm watching Inside Edition,(well, the tv is on, anyway, but I'm online) and a story caught my eye. A Vancouver news- station was doing a pet adoption-spot, with a shepherd x and a pitbull named Ginger.
    While the shepherd bit the handler, Ginger, the red-nosed pitbull, started showering the newswoman with face kisses, and climbed up into her lap. The 'attack' lasted a full 4 minutes, on-air. And guess who got adopted? The shepherd! Ginger did finally get placed into a foster home with someone who trains pitbulls. If she were close, I'd consider taking her. What a sweetie. And finally, a positive news story about a pit!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    If pits have a good owner they are wonderful dogs it just the idiots who want the big tough mean dog that have given them the bad rep it is sad. When I worked as a vet tech had more problems with the toy breeds wanting to eat you up or the asian breeds

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Yaay for Pit Bulls! [​IMG] What idiot adopted the biting Shepherd? [​IMG] Pit Bulls are sooo sweet! I own the best one! [​IMG]

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I tend to gravitate towards the 'looked down on' breeds. I love pits, pit mixes, chow/chow mixes etc. I've never had any trouble with any but my beagle who bit me. LOL Hmmmm last I looked beagles weren't on the vicious breed list. lol:lol:

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    mine never has the chance to be mean. He's been trained to guard/protect all kids. He does get a little confused with the older teenagers though. I don't know if I'd ever let him loose with stranger around though, because the perception of the breed is so bad. Most folks don't realize when mine is growling he's really saying hey jerky, c'mere and scratch my butt.. And when he jumps towards their head, it's because they aren't bent over enough to give him kisses back. Of course he thinks he's a people too so he wraps his front paws around someone and turns his head and leans in to hug..

The other reason is he isn't a very socialized dog... That's because hes 75% working breed 25% lovable pet/bed hog/plate scraper/chicken chaser/butt muncher/goofball.

All folks see is a big dog with long white teeth getting close, being vocal and they run. Little do they know I tossed a snashusage in their coat pocket for humor and Christmas cheer.......

Merry Christmas everyone!

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Loved your story!!! Merry Christmas!!

7. My pitt thinks she is a lapdog. she's my babydoll marrie

8. organicfoltzfamilyfarm

organicfoltzfamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Trafalgar, IN
    Quote:Pssshhh what ever! My dog is the best....because.....uh....well because he loves me! That's why!

Happy Holidays!

9. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    We have a red nose pit and love him. He's an excellent family dog, and has grown up with small dogs including a 2.5 lb chihuahua. Very loving loyal dog...Bad owners, not bad dogs. It's unfortunate they have such a bad rap.

Bones loving pit
    [​IMG]

Tootsie 2 lb chihuahua
    [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am very happy to see a post about a fun loving, face licking pit. I get so tired of pit bashing. Thank you!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by