1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pity Party for One Please

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CoopCrazy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Yesterday was my 27th bday.. And almost all my friends forgot or didnt call ... I get that everyone is busy but a call or email would have sufficed... My day yesterday sucked all the way around, Had to work, had to leave work early because 4yr old DS had an :accident at school" got him home and he had a fever, I felt horrible all day, got home, had 2:30 Drs Appointment for DS and fell asleep sitting up on couch, missed Drs appointment, had kids mother over to get oldest off bus while i was at Dr, she invites people over I despise,so i got to wake up to their ugly mugs in MY house, and to boot they were all smoking inside with 4 yr old and I know they snuck outside to smoke "Other things" cause they reeked of it.. Ended up with me having a fever, having to go to family's houses for my bday cake etc., feeling like poop, and anxiety sky high.... So YAY Happy Birthday to me... [​IMG] On a positive note after kids went to bed last night, I got plastered on Screwdrivers soo all in all not a whole loss for the day...

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sorry your birthday was such a disappointment. I tend to sulk if people forget my birthday, too. Nice that you had the screwdrivers available. Lots of Vitamin C in the OJ, and the alcohol kills germs . . .

[​IMG]

Hope things are better, today. And think of the guilt gifts when people actually do remember . . .

[​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] I'm sorry! My son can empathize a bit with you too, he turned 18 yesterday and his dad forgot to call him until I sent him a text message to call his son and say happy birthday!

4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Happy Birthday!!!
    Sorry you had such a crappy day. It was nice of your friend to help you out, but if a friend of mine invited people over to my house, especially people I despised, who also brought drugs into my house, well, I'd be having a serious discussion with my friend. That would NEVER happen again.

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:The saddest part is she isnt just a "friend" and I use that word loosely.. She is my childrens biological mother... I have had custody of HER children for 3 years now.. She hasnt changed at all....

6. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] So sorry you had a not so wonderful birthday. Take heart though b/c when you get to my age......then you're like 'Oh I'm how old? My birthday was when?????" [​IMG] You at least have two more years before you are perpetually holding at 29.........[​IMG]

Happy belated bday to you....happy belated bday to you, happy belated bday to ccccccoooooopppppccccrrraaazzzyyy......happy belated bday to you!!!!!!!
    (In my best stevie nicks voice...)

7. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Thanks Honey .. How did you know I Love Stevie.. I was jamming out to her on my way to work today...

8. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:Thats terrible 18 is such a huge milestone/... And to not even call is just mean... Hope he had a good day anyways...

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Thanks Honey .. How did you know I Love Stevie.. I was jamming out to her on my way to work today...

Who doesn't love Stevie???? Just a hunch! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Happy Belated Birthday! Get well soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by