Pizza crust recipe??

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Katy, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Am I blind or what!!?? There was a pizza crust recipe on here that I can no longer find. I copied it down, but just of course I can't find it either! [​IMG] Does anyone here have it? Thanks!!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

No one remembers this recipe...or has it written down??!!

3. tinman9952

tinman9952 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    Waterford,Maine
    I don't know the one that was posted here, but here's one i use ( in a breadmachine) 1 cup warm water, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2t. salt, 3 cups bread flour, 2 tsps. yeast

4. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Here's MissPrissy's recipe

I made mozzerella day before yesterday and made pizza
    crust with the whey (recipe came with the cheese kit) and it was yummy. My six year old and I made it together and both boys made their own pizzas. I really like the pizza crust, and it didn't need a couple of risings, soit was fast.

3-3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 pkg or 1 Tbls rapid rising yeast
    3/4 teas salt
    1 cup very warm whey (120-135)
    2 Tbs olive oil

Mix 2 cups flour, yeast and salt in large bowl. Stir whey and olive oil into the dry indredients. Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic. Cover, let rest for 10 minutes. Oil and dust pan with cornmeal. Shape dough and top. Bake at 400 F for 20-30 minutes or until done. Makes two 12 inch pies.

I used about 3 cups of flour, but that will vary.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Thanks....I'll have to give these a try. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by