Pizza mishap! Bone in the sausage!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SoleProvider, Jul 21, 2008.

1. SoleProvider

SoleProvider Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Just letting everyone know-1 inch piece of bone in italian sausage from a pizza company in Michigan. Watch out. Cracked my back molar in to pieces! Cant believe it.:mad: Im thinking of calling them to complain-I dont normally complain to any company about anything but maybe they need to know.[​IMG] What do you think?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You do need to let them know. You can ask them to pay for your dental but if it was a delivery pizza it's hard to prove. But at least they will know to check a bit more carefully.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I agree, at least have them (or the company that manufactured the sausage) pay the dental expenses.

4. SoleProvider

May 20, 2008
    :Well I have both the pieces of tooth and the bone still. I just cant believe this. Im not sure what they will be able to do with the tooth other than a root canal.:rolleyes

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'll agree that there shouldn't have been bone in the sausage but many times the cracks can extend into the root and you end up losing the tooth.

I'd get in to see your dentist as soon as you can. Save the pieces and the piece of bone to show to your dentist. If you are going to ask the company to pay for your dental bill you should keep the evidence so that your dentist can verify for you.

I've seen few companies actually follow through and pay. Sometimes they will have an insurance company just settle with you.

I must say though that as a dentist, I have seen situations where the patient thought that a broken tooth was the fault of something they ate or something else... often times the tooth already had a crack or underlying decay. A dentist (or insurance company) will often be able to tell with an x-ray or intraoral photo.

Good luck.

6. SoleProvider

May 20, 2008
    Oh I completely know that Im not in it for the money just thinking I should call them up.

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I learned how to complain professionally from my mother.

Call. Be civil. Be honest. Be clear. If your complaint isn't heard, move up the food chain until you feel it has been resolved (either via a sincere apology or offer to pay the dental).

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Give them a call, tell them what happened.. (it'd be best if you'd already seen your dentist.)

Take pics of the tooth pieces and the bone etc....

Ask them if they'll compensate you for your dental work. It never hurts to ask.

I hope you only need a crown.

9. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    You should definitely let them know. If I owned the business, I'd DEFINITELY want to know that happened! And maybe they'll do the right thing.

As I understand it, something like a bone in meat is not usually actionable in small claims, because one might "reasonably expect" to find bone where there is meat (I know, but that's the way it seems to work). It seems to usually have to be a material that is wholly foreign, like say if metal shavings from machinery gets into some food, or something like that.

10. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    My dh is over in Iraq with the military and something similar happened to him...he was eating creamy noodles and bit into something hard and his back tooth cracked and he needed a crown.

But over there the dentist, who happened to be a Col., did a temp. fix and he'll have to get a crown when he gets back in the states where they have the ability & material to do it right.

I asked him what was it? He said, he didn't really know...he just ran out with a chunk of tooth and went immediately to the dentist.

[​IMG]

At least he's covered..insurance wise. Thank the Lord.

And I'd definately call and expect something to be done by the co. and go see your dentist!

me,
    g

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by