Placed my 1st order to Ideal for this year! EXCITED! May 2011 Shipping

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Teresaann24, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Me and my aunt teamed up to place an order to Ideal. I ordered 4 Self blue silkies & 4 blue silkies (Hope they throw in a splash or two [​IMG]
    I also ordered 2 bantam mottled cochins. She ordered 2 self blue silkies & 4 blue silkies & 2 red silkies & 4 gray silkies so all together 22 chicks coming. Our shipment won't go out till May 2011 so its a bit to wait but I am so excited! I have been so wanting the self blue and the blue silkies. Anyone else have orders going out in May?

2. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    My chicks are coming next week, but [​IMG]

I am getting 10 "Pullet Surprises", 5 Naked Necks, and 10 Cornish X. I can't wait to see what my surprise birds are, and I love my Naked Necks! [​IMG] They may not be show quality, but I don't care. Have fun!

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I have ordered twice before from ideal. I ordered buff silkies before and also ordered blue swedish ducks from them.

4. Heckel's Hens

Heckel's Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Southern VA
    Congrats!! My chicks from Ideal were (and are) awesome. Super healthy, no loss, great birds. [​IMG]

5. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    How exciting! I love silkies, especially white and splash and mottled cochins [​IMG]

6. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I am getting some nice adult mottled cochins and wanna start my own project of mottled silkies. So I figured I would throw some mottled cochins chicks on my order at ideal. It's going to be a long process but I am ready for a challenge [​IMG]

8. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    Yes it will be a long process, the adult pics I have seen of Ideal's mottled cochins show that they have good type but their mottling needs a little work. They built the barn, now you just gotta paint it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by